This is the Quest for the Ring Express Version, consisiting of all Reports in the traditional blog format and virtually no features on an extremely fast loading page.

You may prefer the main home page, which is chock loaded with features. The home page takes 15-20 seconds to load if you have a fast connection and longer than that if you have a slow connection.
THE QUEST FOR THE RING PRIMARY HOME PAGE (Loaded with features)

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Major Technical Difficulties

Until sometime within the last few hours, this site was the best source for total Nuggets news coverage on the Internet. There has been some disaster or catastrophe at the site from which I obtained all of the news feeds, and that site is partly up and partly down right now. All of the installed news feeds are down.

To make matters even worse and more scary, many of the widgets I installed, from a completely different source, are also down. The movie viewer just went down right before my eyes! The Nuggets 1 site will be hit very hard unless these services are restored. I will be forced to spend many days of work to locate and deploy substitutions.

I'm new at this webmaster stuff and, if this kind of shutdown is normal, it's going to take me a long time to learn to react calmly to this kind of thing. Just when I was getting into a good mood regarding Steve Blake's departure, my site is stripped of much of it's content, as if the Scrooge had come at Christmas. I guess there is a law of nature that says that I can not be in a good mood.

I will:

1. Remove the links to the devastated pages.
2. Monitor from now through Sunday, July 22 to see if the feeds and widgets return.
3. I will begin work on substituting for anything that does not come back next week.